Saturday, August 21, 2010

Where are all the old people?

I mean seriously, where are all the old people in corporate life? Ok so you see a few at the top, but it's not like that sample is statistically significant. For every director or vp, there's tons of people below them, but no one's old. So really, where are the 45+, 50+ and nearing 60 seniors?

It's like everyone start's dissapearing at 45... And it's freaking me out.

I'm still too young to find out what happens to the seniors (maybe that's what that locked room in the basement near the furnace is for?), and I can only imagine dreadful tales of being layed off because they're too expensive or don't fit the corporate image or whatever... and then having these "old" (HUGE quotes here) spending the little cash they were able to save up in a company that has 90% chance of failing...

Shit. Any insight here is welcomed.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't you tell me that those people casually suffer from strokes when they reach 40 ? Seems like a natural cause of death in the corporate world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not exactly but close. I told you that in my line of work I know of almost no-one over 50 that hasn't had a stroke yet. One died last year. :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. soylent green happens

    ReplyDelete