Monday, August 30, 2010

Buffet on career management

There's 2 version of a same quote available on the Internet:

"It's crazy to take little in between jobs just because they look good on your resume. That's like saving sex for your old age. Do what you love and work for whom you admire the most, and you've given yourself the best chance in life you can."

"I asked him what he wanted to do for his career, and he replied that he wanted to go into a particular field, but thought he should work for McKinsey for a few years first to add to his resume. To me that's like saving sex for your old age. It makes no sense."

At first I agreed wholeheartedly, however after a bit of consideration, I realised this advice may ignore long term aspects of a career decision. I'm still kind of torn on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment