Sunday, July 25, 2010

1st post.

Hidden business advice in Entourage (aka Sex in the City for guys)

Yes I admit it, I like Entourage. I like to dream about cash, fast cars, big houses and hot chicks, even though it messes up my moral.

My show's favorite caracter and probably the only reason i watch the show is Ari Gold. The superstar agent that rose to his elite position simply through hard fucking work and great business skills. He is a source of inspiration for me. Is that sad or immature? Dunno, dont care.

Anyway, in one episode the caracter "Turtle" comes to him with nothing else than what he thinks is a good business idea and asks for funding. In less than 30 seconds, Ari proceeds to bring Turtle back to earth with an epic tongue lashing that I think any guy with a business idea should suffer through at least once.

Here's an extract. Pay attention: this is Business explained in 4 questions.

"All idiots have ideas. Can they EXECUTE IT?
In this life, NO ONE IS GOING TO INVEST BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU CAN.

Do you have a BUSINESS PLAN?
What do you need?
Office space, insurance, how many employees, what do you project to earn, what do you need to break even, AT WHAT POINT CAN YOUR INVESTORS SEE SOME PROFIT?"

Simple, straight to the point. Read and reread: truer words were never spoken.


Update: Found the video on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment